NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION:
Weekly Prize Giveaways will begin on May 27th, 2022, and End on June 24th, 2022 (Promotional Period). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is BARBECUE BATTLE INC. (herein referred to as Sponsor). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission, or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments, or problems related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may be reached by email at [email protected] during the Promotion Period. This sweepstake requires winners to come to the 30th Annual Giant National Capital BARBECUE BATTLE® (June 25 and 26, 2022 on 3rd to 7th Street Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC) to pick up any prize. Instructions detailed in section 6.
Open to legal residents of all U.S. States, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years or older. Sponsor, and their respective parent-companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising, and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, and employees the (” Promotion Entities”), are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, stepparents, legal guardians, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, or spouses. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING:
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: FREE SHOPPING FOR A YEAR *
TWO (2) SECOND PLACE: DELUXE GAS GRILLS WITH BBQ GRILLING TOOLS
FOUR (4) THIRD PLACE PRIZES: $250 in FREE SHOPPING
TEN (10) FOURTH PLACE PRIZES: $100 in FREE SHOPPING
All Free Shopping prizes in the Form of Giant Gift cards redeemable at Giant Food Stores in MD, DC, VA, DE. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received. Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded.
* Free Shopping for a Year is based on $100 per week in groceries for 52 weeks $5,200 total.
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are three (3) Ways to Enter.
a. SCAN the Giant BBQ Battle QR Code located in Giant Food Stores MD, DC, VA, & DE: Entrance to the Sweepstakes during the Promotional Period may be gained by scanning the Giant BBQ Battle QR Code Displayed throughout the month of June 2022 in any Giant Food Stores located in DC, MD, VA and DE and completing the official online entry form that entrant will be directed to. Entrants are limited to one entry per day in stores.
b. ENTER ONLINE at www.BBQDC.com:
Entrance to the Sweepstakes during the Promotional Period may also occur online by visiting BBQinDC.com and clicking on Contests / Summer Sweepstakes / entry form and liking, sharing, or subscribing to Sponsor on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Entrants are limited to only one entry per event period through this method.
c. ENTER by U.S. MAIL:
Entrance to the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period may additionally occur by mailing a letter or post card listing entrant’s full name and email address, to: Giant BBQ Battle Sweepstakes, PO Box 1607, Bowie, MD 20717. Must be postmarked no later than June 22, 2022. Entrants are limited to only one entry per event period through this method.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
6. WINNER SELECTION:
The Winner(s) of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing at the conclusion of the sweepstakes submission period Ending 5pm on June 24, 2022. Winners will be chosen from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The grand prize of “Free Shopping for a year,” will be awarded in the final week of competition. Other prizes determinations are subject to Sponsor’s discretion. All winners will be selected by June 24, 2022.
To win, entrants must pick up their prize at the Giant National Capital BARBECUE BATTLE® event (555, Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC, 20001, USA) on June 25th or 26th 2022. Any entrant who does not claim their prize at the event may be disqualified from the contest and a random drawing may take place to determine the winner. In the event that no winner is selected or able to pick up the prize, or proper notice is provided and accepted by the Sponsor, winner may be allowed to claim the prize, however, they shall be subject to any fees for delivery of said prize. Any such fees would be provided by Sponsor prior to delivery and must be paid prior to delivery of prize.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information after the random drawing. Potential Winner must accept a prize by email as directed by June 26, 2022. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively the “Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes; (g) Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or other issues that may result from use of gift cards and/or gift certificates: all gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The Actual Retail Value (herein referred to as ARV) of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of The United States and Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within said locations. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes.
9. LIST OF WINNERS: For a complete list of winners, visit www.BBQinDC.com/winnerlist. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete at end of contest period.
SPONSOR & CONTEST ADMINISTRATOR
BARBECUE BATTLE® Inc. P.O. Box 1607, Bowie, MD, 20717
© 2022 BARBECUE BATTLE®, Inc. All Rights Reserved.